WhatsApp´s audios are one of the communication means that we use the most in this platform, and since they first appeared in the application, we all have used them for many purposes. Now we have a valuable alternative in the typical text chat that everybody knows.
For this reason, there are occasions when we would like to be able to listen to some of these audios from our player. However, WhatsApp has a unique audio format known as OPUS, which is not compatible by most devices. This issue would complicate our entertainment, if we did not have a method to convert these files into a more common format such as MP3.
If you wish to convert WhatsApp audios to MP3 format, you have come to the right place. We have several applications and various alternatives so that you can fulfill your dreams in a few minutes and best of all, with free applications.
The best applications that will help you convert WhatsApp audios to MP3
As we explained above, the format with which WhtsApp stores the audio files from its application is unique plus, it is not very compatible with many players. This new format known as OPUS can be converted to MP3. It is possible just by using one of these helpful applications that we present below:
Opus Player. It is more than a format converter, it is a versatile tool that has multiple options to play, locate and manage audio files in OPUS format. For this reason, if you want to locate a voice note by the sending date, this app is ideal. It organizes all these files and puts them available to you in a comfortable and simple way.
When it comes to conversion of OPUS files, there is no other better method. Opus Player has the possibility to choose an audio file from your WhatsApp and convert it to MP3 format in only a few seconds. This procedure takes no more than a little while and, it is very easy to implement. The steps to follow are exactly the same as in tools that we have shown previously, so you will not have complications taking care of it.
- Install Opus Player from the Play Store of your Android device.
- Access the application, press Accept permissions and you will see all the options offered by the app.
- Next, if you want to convert the files, go to “OPUS Files” and you will see all the audios of your WhatsApp ordered by date.
- Choose the file you want to convert and click Converter.
- After that, choose the destination path for your new audio in MP3 format and wait for the conversion to take place.
- Finally, you will have finished the process, so you will have your WhatsApp audio in MP3 format ready to be listened to from your favorite player.
Audio manager for WhatsApp, OPUS to MP3
Another app that you can get in Play Store to convert audios in OPUS to MP3 format is Audio Manager for WhatsApp, OPUS to MP3. From this useful tool we will have some extra functions such as, sharing the converted files in different social networks. In addition, there is the possibility of converting songs in WAV format to OPUS, so the possibilities are endless. This free application works exactly the same way as the previous option, so, the steps to follow are the same:
- Download and install Download and install Audio Manager for WhatsApp, OPUS to MP3.
- Enter the app and access the OPUS Files
- While you are there, you will see a list with all the audios stored in your WatsApp. Choose the one you want to convert.
- When you do the above, the Share option will appear, so you must click there.
- Once the conversion process is finished, determine the saving path for the file and it is ready. Now, you will be able to reproduce it and / or share the file
OPUS to MP3 Converter
Yes, OPUS To MP3 Converter is just what its title says. It is a free app that allows us to locate the different audio files stored in our WhatsApp, manage them and be able to transform them into MP3 format.
To convert files with this app, the steps that you must follow are the following:
- Download and install OPUS To MP3 Converter from the Play Store of your phone.
- Next, access the app and accept the authorizations that it will ask you to explore the files on your phone.
- Once it is done, click on the Browse files You can access using the app’s file manager. So you will see a list with all the audio files stored in your WhatsApp.
- Choose the audio you want to convert. As a guide, the typical name of these files looks something like this: AUD-20200303-WA0010.opus
-The first numbers represent the date the audio was sent (Year / month / day).
-The last digits indicate the order in which the file was sent for the same day.
- Once the audio is chosen, click OK, choose the save path and click Convert to MP3.
- Once this is done, wait for the conversion to take place and you will have your audio in MP3 format.
Convert OPUS Files to MP3 Online
Another alternative that can be extremely useful to convert WhatsApp audios to MP3 is to use the different online format converters that are available on the internet. Therefore, just by accessing your browser and connecting your phone via USB to your computer, you can convert audios in OPUS format to MP3 in a few minutes. Here we tell you which the most effective converters are:
Another online converter that you can enter from your preferred browser is Aconvert. This free platform and without registration allows you to transform WhatsApp audio into any other sound format, such as: MP3, FLAC, WAV and others.
Opus to Mp3
This platform works as an original OPUS audio file converter to MP3. Iit works in a very simple way and allows you to get your WhatsApp audio in a format compatible with other players.
It is a totally free online tool that allows you to convert audio files into almost all available formats. Among all these options, Convertio allows you to convert OPUS files to MP3 without major complications.
How to Convert OPUS Files into MP3 Online
All the online tools that we have shown work in basically the same way. Thus, to perform a conversion with any of these platforms, what you must do is the following:
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Once this is done, access your phone’s storage folders while on the computer.
- Go to Internal Storage> WhatsApp> Media> WhatsApp Audio.
- When you get there, you will find all the audio files in OPUS format of your WhatsApp.
- Choose the file you want to convert and save it on your computer.
- Once this is done, open the online converter of your preference and load the OPUS file that you want to convert.
- Choose the format in which you want to save the file and wait for the process to finish.
- Finally, when the new audio has been generated in MP3 or any other format, click on where it says Save or Download. It is ready! Now you will have it on your computer.