We all know that the cache memory is one of the biggest problem for our devices storage. However, what is the cache memory everybody has on his or her Android devices? Well, cache memory is all the temporal information that the apps that we have on our devices create in order to work quickly. It means that those apps need the cache memory in order to work properly, although, sometimes, this information is old and your device does not need it anymore. In this case, that cache memory is useless and you should remove it from your Android devices.
Some advantages of emptying the cache memory of your Android device
Thanks to emptying the cache memory of your Android device, you can get some advantages, such as the following:
- First of all, emptying the cache memory is good for our device storage, since it contains a lot of useless information you do not need anymore. If you want to get more free space on your device, removing the cache memory will help you get that.
- In addition, emptying the cache memory of your device is also good in order to eliminate corrupted files, in other words, to eliminate files no longer working or problematic files.
- In the end, it is also important to empty the cache memory because old files can be a window to security and privacy problems. Therefore, your personal information could be damaged if you do not empty the cache memory frequently.
Some fake opinion people have about emptying cache memory
People have some fake opinion about emptying the cache memory of your Android device, but they are not right. Therefore, let us have a look at those fake opinions:
- People think that emptying the cache memory of your Android device will remove your personal and private information. However, it is completely fake. Emptying the cache memory of your Android device will not remove any important information, since it only eliminates temporal files and old information in order to free space.
- People think that it is right to empty cache memory every single day. However, it is not true. It is good emptying the cache memory of your Android device once a month more or less.
- People think that emptying cache memory may damage your devices. Well, it is half-fake half-right. Emptying cache memory is good if you do it once a month, but it is bad if you do it every single day.
Why is it important to back up?
Usually, devices backs up automatically periodically, but we recommend you backing up manually before you empty the cache memory of your Android device. Why is it important? Sometimes, emptying cache memory could arise some problems, so that is why you should back up before emptying the cache memory. Just in case there is a problem when emptying cache memory, you will be able to access the last back up in order to recover everything you lost. Then, let us see how to back up on an Android device:
- First of all, access “Settings”.
- Then, find the tab called “Google: services and preferences”.
- There, you will be able to back up.
How to empty cache memory on an Android device
It is a very easy procedure, but it is even more important to know all the information above than knowing how to clean cache. In order to empty the cache memory of your Android device, you will have to follow the steps below:
- First of all, tap on “Settings” in order to access the main menu.
- Then, look for the tab “Apps”. Tap on it and you will see all your apps.
- You will see some information of the app you have selected. Then, tap on “Clear cache” in order to empty cache memory.
Remember that you should empty the cache memory of your Android device every month.
Some recommendation you should take into account when emptying cache memory
We want to share with you some important recommendation that will make your life easier.
First recommendation: apps in order to clear cache memory
Thank to this post, you are now able to clear cache memory manually, but… what if you can use an app in order to empty cache memory of your Android device automatically? Let us go into details.
These apps are able to enter into the “heart” of your Android device. They will probably find useless information and files you did not even know they existed. Thus, these kind of apps will help you remove those useless information and files you do not need any more in order to free some space.
There are many different apps in order to do that in Google Play Store. However, we recommend you downloading and installing ES File Explore. This app will help you a lot, since it not only will help you empty cache memory, but it will also organize your files in different folders or access your storage clouds, such as Google Drive, OneDrive or DropBox.
Second recommendation: to remove apps
This second recommendation has to do with the first one. Every single app you have installed on your Android device, will waste resources and generate cache. That is why it is important to clear cache once a month, since apps, such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or WhatsApp generate a lot of cache and all this cache will make your device a slow machine. Therefore, you should empty the cache these apps generates every month. In addition, it is also very important to remove all those apps you do not use ever, since they are wasting resources and generating cache needlessly.
Third recommendation: to restore factory defaults
This it the most dramatic option. It is important to know how your Android device works. If you think your device is not working well even if you following all the recommendations and things you have read in this post, you will have to restore your Android device. By restoring factory defaults, your device will work perfectly, just like if you would have bought that device again. Therefore, if you want to restore factory defaults, you should save and keep everything you have on your device, since you will have to remove every single information or file you have on your device.
After reading this post, you will know how important is to empty the cache memory of our device, since it is good for your device and it is also good for your personal and private information. In addition, we recommend you clear cache once a month, in order to save memory and protect your personal data. There is no excuse for not emptying the cache memory of your device, since there are also apps at your disposal in order to do that automatically.