There are many of us who use YouTube as a platform to play music, but we are forced to keep the screen of our smartphone on in order to keep playing it. This is no longer the case with YouTube Music, the application that is here to stay. Discover a wide catalog of music, new hits and news from your favorite artists with YouTube Music.
Some important characteristics you should know about YouTube Music
- YouTube Music was announced in 2018. With YouTube Music, you can listen to official songs, albums, playlists, artist radios, remixes, and live versions of songs. It is a music streaming service from Google that only focuses on all thing’s music across the video streaming platform.
- It is a free-to-use service if you do not mind listening to adverts every few songs, available through a mobile app or web player.
- The home screen is always changing whether you are using the app. It updates to provide recommendations based on your listening habits but is also location-aware and can offer some music choices to match what you might be doing.
- It is based around three tabs, Home, Explore and Library.
- Videos also have great prominence in the app as well as the browser, and when you select a song in the app, you will often be able to select whether you want to listen to the song or watch the video.
- You can also like or dislike music and this will help Google tune the selection of music that you are recommended.
Some FAQ of YouTube Music
Is the YouTube Music app worth it?
YouTube Music is an excellent, robust streaming music service that lets you search for songs by lyrics, find playlists based on your weather and location, and switch between an audio track and a music video with the tap of a button.
Is YouTube Music for free?
YouTube Music is free to download and use. Viewers can also use a YouTube Music Premium membership to get ad-free videos and download music to listen offline. YouTube Music Premium members get subscription access to Google Play Music.
Can I use YouTube Music offline?
Yes, but you must be a YouTube Music Premium member, you can enjoy music offline by downloading songs and videos to your mobile device. This means you can keep listening to your favorite artists even if you are not connected to the internet or want to save on data.
Why is YouTube Music that popular?
For young listeners, YouTube is their radio, it is widely accessible, their record store, their Walkman, their iTunes, their online message board, it is all in one place. One billion visitors come to YouTube for music each month, according to Google. You Tube Music became our most visited, most variegated music platform.