How to Download WhatsApp for Tablet
There’s no secret that some people decide to use their tablets as cellphones in case they don’t have one to use at that moment. Thankfully, nowadays most of the apps we are used to seeing on our mobiles, are also compatible with most tablets out there.
So, in case you want to use WhatsApp on a tablet, here you will learn everything about it. There’s no need to worry because, as long as the tablet is compatible with the WhatsApp requirements, people can easily install the app. But, let’s get to what we truly want to know, and that’s how to install WhatsApp on an Android or iOS tablet.
Download WhatsApp for Android tablets
Many individuals nowadays prefer to utilize Android tablets rather than iOS tablets. As a result, a large number of WhatsApp users originate from there; yet, some people do not know how to install the software on their tablets because they don’t know it is possible to use it.
In fact, everything is far simpler than most people believe. When it comes to using WhatsApp on a tablet, there isn’t much to say, things are basically the same as using the app on a tablet. People can get WhatsApp from the Play Store, which is available for most Android phones and tablets, or from their favorite app store in case, the tablet has a different app store installed, or even as an apk if needed.
And, to ensure that your WhatsApp app is always up to date, make sure that Webview updates are turned on on the settings of your device. Also, remember to check that the Play Store is automatically updating the app as well.
However, there are a few things that everyone should be aware of when it comes to WhatsApp. Once you’ve downloaded the app on your phone, it should operate OK, but what about the prerequisites for using it on my phone? This is something that some people overlook.
We haven’t forgotten about them here, though, so let’s see what we have to keep in mind.
Download WhatsApp Messenger
Requirements to use WhatsApp on an Android tablet
- WhatsApp must be installed on a device with Android OS 4.1 or higher; earlier versions will not operate.
- To use WhatsApp, users must have a working phone number.
- To function effectively, the mobile device on which WhatsApp will be installed requires at least 2GB of RAM.
- To install WhatsApp for the first time, you’ll need at least 150MB of free storage.
- For the activation process, people must have a phone where they can receive the activation message as tablets don’t usually have SIM card slots.
Download WhatsApp for iOS tablets
It’s finally time to talk about iOS tablets. We know that many individuals nowadays use iOS devices, thus WhatsApp will almost certainly be installed on their iPads for sure.
Things are pretty similar to what we saw with Android tablets, but since we’re talking about different operating systems, there are a few things to consider that we didn’t cover previously.
So, in case you’re wondering which Apple tablet you’ll be able to use WhatsApp on, let’s go over the app’s requirements for people who want to install the app on their tablets.
Requirements to use WhatsApp on iOS tablets
- It is required that the device used to install WhatsApp has iOS 10 or higher; previous versions of the iOS system will not work.
- The phone on which WhatsApp will be installed must have at least 2GB of RAM in order for the software to function correctly without lagging or shutting down unexpectedly.
- To use WhatsApp, users must have a valid phone number, which is a company requirement for everyone using the app.
- To install WhatsApp on their iPhone, they must have at least 150MB of free storage.
- For the activation process, the person using the iOS tablet should have a valid phone number on a different phone to complete this process.
Similar to WhatsApp Messenger
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.