It is a professional photo and video editing tool available to anyone. Once the multimedia content has been retouched with the different options and filters available, we can store them on our device and share them through social networks such as Facebook or Instagram. You will be able to discover photos and videos of other users thanks to the weekly photo challenges, exclusive for VSCO members.
Some important characteristics you should know about VSCO
- VSCO stands for Visual Supply Company, the name of the company behind the app. Visual Supply Company has been around since 2011 and is headquartered in Oakland, California, where it works exclusively on the namesake app.
- The VSCO Grid initiative easily opens your eyes to a world of photographs that you won’t easily find on Instagram. There is no real diversion, no likes, no followers, just raw talent! And that is what getting more people into it. The Journal is another exciting peripheral which has not been exploited just yet.
- The VSCO app (pronounced vis-ko), is a photo editing and sharing platform which uses a “creator-first philosophy” to engage users with their own creativity. The app has presets, which are photo filters adjusting brightness, color balance, and saturation to create specific effects. Users can also customize these presets or make their own.
- Forbes reports that nearly 200 million photos have been posted to Instagram with the hashtag #vscocam, meaning they were edited with VSCO instead of Instagram, and speaking to VSCO’s rising popularity.
- The VSCO app may not have numerous features in the style of Instagram but what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in versatility.
- VSCO’s wide range of unique filters are arguably the app’s biggest draw. With over 200 presets available, users will undoubtedly find the best filter for their picture of choice.
Some FAQ about VSCO
What is a VSCO girl?
Teenagers, particularly teenage girls, have long been the subject of fascination for adults, and the VSCO girl, whose name comes from the photo-editing app is only the latest iteration of how we express it.
Is VSCO a safe app?
According to the Family Online Safety Institute, the VSCO app has become incredibly popular with teens, and the terms of service do not allow users under 13 years, so the app should be blocked for anybody under that age by parental control software. The privacy settings that VSCO offers are slim to none. Users do not have the option to make their accounts private, so anyone can see their photos that they share
How popular is VSCO?
With more than 40 Million users looks like that the VISCO app is not yet a world famous one like the famous versions like Instagram etc, but it’s trendy, especially among young people.
Why should I get VSCO?
A great feature of the app is there is no follower and following numbers. You can become friends with people but unlike Instagram, the numbers are not on your profile. Basically, it is a very personalized app, with privacy and not based on likes and follows. It is so refreshing and nice to have on your phone. Their filters are so much better than Instagram.
What applications similar to VSCO can we find?
You can take a look at other similar apps, such as PicsArt, B612 or PicMonkey. Although alike, there are several differences between these apps. Discover them…