I’m sure you’ve already heard of Spotify. It is a streaming music platform with numerous predefined playlists, customized for you and other users. You can also create your own playlists with the songs you like the most. The most innovative thing about this application is that you can listen to the music without an internet connection. It has an extensive library where you will find your favorite artists, and you can discover new songs and albums that suit your style.
Some important characteristics you should know about Spotify
- Spotify is a digital music streaming service that gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts and videos from artists all over the world.
- Spotify is immediately appealing because you can access content for free by simply signing up using an email address or by connecting with Facebook.
- There two difference versions, Spotify Free and Premium. The free version is ad-supported, much like radio stations. The free version of Spotify can be accessed on PC, laptop and mobile phone, but the full service needs a Spotify Premium subscription.
- Download and install the free Spotify application. There are versions for desktop and iPhone/iPad and Android phones.
- The basic setup is pretty uncomplicated but there’s much more to Spotify once you delve in and it gets smarter the more you listen.
- Signing up to Spotify with Facebook or connecting your Facebook account at a later date will allow you to easily find and follow friends and see what they’re listening to.
Some FAQ about Spotify
Can you download songs from Spotify?
If you have a subscription to Spotify Premium you can download music from Spotify for offline listening. With the Spotify Premium account, you can download playlists, albums, and podcasts on Spotify mobile app. But you can only download playlists for offline listening if you are using Spotify on a computer.
Can you listen to Spotify offline without downloading?
Only Spotify Premium subscription allows you to carry your music with you. Free users are confined to listening to music online. There another option to download Spotify music for offline playback, without upgrading to Premium. NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter is an excellent Spotify Music Downloader, which can help you download music from Spotify without Premium account, and convert them to MP3, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, or WAV.
Is Spotify safe to use?
Virtually every free digital app is spying on you and sharing that data with 3rd parties. This includes the music streaming service Spotify. … When you sign up for Spotify from a web browser, you are encouraged to sign up using your Facebook login so they can associate your account with your profile. The platform and user records are totally secure, but sometimes breaches on other services means someone else may log into your Spotify account. Look out for: Your password not working anymore. Your email address changing.
Why is Spotify so popular?
Spotify was amongst the first legal streaming service available. There is an appealing business model with free listening service for the ones that are ok with commercials every now and then. Spotify is partly owned by the big record labels which guarantees sustainable agreements with the record companies and less risk that they will start up competing services.
Why is Spotify free?
Actually, Spotify’s free version isn’t really free. It is ad-supported. Companies are paying Spotify to make you listen to ads every few tracks. Spotify makes less money per-play from ads than they do from Premium subscribers, so to encourage people to upgrade, the free version is limited in certain ways.