SoundCloud is an open audio platform, where every user can upload their own sounds, and share them both publicly and privately on social networks and with friends. Enter SoundCloud and discover new music tracks, sort them according to your tastes, make and discover playlists, and gain followers with your own sounds.
Some important characteristics you should know about SoundCloud
- SoundCloud is an online audio streaming and music sharing platform founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2007.
- SoundCloud is Berlin-based music streaming application and an audio distribution platform that enables the users to listen to millions of different songs and be able to upload and promote their own tracks.
- SoundCloud is available on the desktop and mobile apps for iOS and Android and Android and the basic version is free.
- Go to SoundCloud.com or download the SoundCloud app and create an account. You can do this by entering your email address and choosing a password or signing up via your Facebook, Apple, or Google account.
- Upload a header image and profile image to personalize your page.
- You can put comments, likes, and repost tracks you like.
- You can create playlists and follow your favorites artists.
- User can Share their own Tracks, SoundCloud is more focused towards this issue and came up as a platform which eases the journey of music curators to enter the market and show their talent, make their own presence.
Some FAQ of SoundCloud
Is SoundCloud completely free?
There are two versions available. The basic version is for free and you have SoundCloud Pro Unlimited is the paid version.
Can you listen to SoundCloud offline?
You have the option to pick and choose the playlists you have either created or liked to listen to offline on your mobile device. But the only proper way to listen to SoundCloud offline is by subscribing to SoundCloud Go or Go+. They will help you to listen to SoundCloud offline on your Android devices, iOS devices, and your computer.
Can you see who likes your tracks on SoundCloud?
Yes, this is possible. This is a basic feature of almost all social networks. You can just click on the bell-shaped icon on the right-upper side, or go to https://soundcloud.com/notifications to see who followed you, or liked a song.
Do SoundCloud artists get paid?
Yes, but they must qualify. They must be a SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber. Then their tracks must be 100% original and have at least 500 plays in the past month from countries where SoundCloud subscriptions and advertising are available.