Pinterest is a new model of social networking, a visual discovery tool that will bring out your creative side. It allows you to create collections of visual content in boards according to your interests, follow other users with the same tastes or interests and discover new people. You will be able to find all kinds of content: travel, crafts, recipes, decoration, fashion, stories…
Some important characteristics you should know about Pinterest
- There are over 200 million monthly Pinterest users worldwide, all seeking and sharing helpful, inspiring ideas on the platform.
- Pinterest’s global audience is about 66% female aged 25-54 years.
- The concept behind Pinterest is deceptively simple. Users employ a “bookmarklet” button installed in their browser to pin images to virtual boards, usually according to a particular theme or purpose.
- Pinterest is easy to use, easy to browse and offers such a wide range of content that almost everyone can find something to enjoy.
- A key feature that Pinterest released is Pinterest Lens. This feature allows the user to have the most control over their searching. By using their camera on their phone, they point and shoot what they are looking for and Pinterest will gather related items to this image.
- Pinterest works with marketers of all sizes to help produce and maintain a creative environment on their platform.
Some FAQ of Pinterest
Can I look at Pinterest without an account?
Yes, but to save web pages on Pinterest you need to create an account, but nothing stops you from browsing and searching boards and pins if you do not have an account. If you go to pinterest.com you will have to log in or create an account.
Does Pinterest cost money?
No, Pinterest is for business and private people free to use.
Is Pinterest worth joining?
So, the short answer is yes. Pinterest is worth your time. Having a presence on Pinterest and using the platform effectively means you are increasing your chances of being found through a simple search as well.
What is Pinterest good for?
Pinterest is a social network where people can find inspiration and ideas for their interests and hobbies. Pinterest is a visual discovery engine for finding ideas like recipes, home, and style inspiration, and more. With billions of Pins on Pinterest, you will always find ideas to spark inspiration.
Is Pinterest a safe site to use?
You can adjust your privacy settings to limit how much information can be used to find you. Pinterest is as safe to use as most other social media websites because users must sign in, and password protect their accounts. It also does not require you to enter personal or financial information, so you have little to compromise by signing up.