Microsoft Office is a suite of tools that includes programs such as Word (word processing), Excel (spreadsheets), PowerPoint (for presentations), OneNote (digital notes), Access (databases), Publisher (design and editing) and Outlook (e-mail). All these applications will allow you to get the most out of your daily work.
Some important characteristics you should know about Microsoft Office
- The Microsoft office app come with a full list of tools that will make you and your colleagues more productive, it is easy to stick to the same old habits.
- Once you have adapted to a changed interface, you will want to use your favorite application in the same familiar way.
- Collaborate online and see each other’s changes as they happen with real-time coauthoring in Word. Save your file to OneDrive or SharePoint so others can work on it with you. You can share it directly from the application, thanks to the integrated sidebar.
- Chat with co-workers in Office via Microsoft Teams, even when you do close the application, you can continue the conversation on your desktop or phone.
- If you want to edit a PDF, you can convert it into a Word document without the formatting issues that come with copy-pasting or editing.
- You get the Office Web Apps with your Office or Microsoft 365 subscription, so you can work on your cloud files from any up-to-date Web browser on an Internet-connected computer. You do not have to install the Office software on the computer.
Some FAQ about Microsoft Office
What is the difference between Microsoft Office and Office 365?
It is a new name with more benefits. Microsoft 365 plans for home and personal include the robust Office desktop apps that you are familiar with, like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. You also get extra online storage and cloud-connected features that let you collaborate on files in real time.
What is included in Microsoft Office?
It includes a Full Office desktop apps such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Access for Windows PCs. As well as access to additional OneNote features. 1 TB of additional OneDrive cloud storage so you can save documents, photos, and videos online and access them from nearly anywhere.
Do you have to pay for Microsoft Office very year?
If the software was updated, one had to pay for an upgrade or continue to use the older version. With subscription pricing, updates are released periodically with no additional cost.