MEGA is the successor to Megaupload and Megavideo, with the new MEGA being faster, bigger, stronger, safer and better than its predecessor. It is a cloud similar to Dropbox or Google Drive, where you can store and exchange all kinds of files in a totally secure way. It has a totally intuitive panel that will be very easy to handle.
Some important characteristics you should know about MEGA
- Sharing files is an increasingly important feature of cloud storage apps. MEGA’s web app lets you generate a link to any file you want to share. You can specify that the link has a security key, meaning you need to provide the key to someone if they want to view the file.
- MEGAdrop lets you create a folder where people outside your organization can securely upload files to your account, without themselves having a MEGA account.
- MEGAcmd is a Mac, Windows, and Linux command line interface. Use it for configure automatic backups and FTP access to MEGA files and Interact with WebDAV clients.
- MEGA offers both email support and a good-sized Help Centre. The Help Centre is well-organized and can answer most basic questions.
- MEGA provides end-to-end encryption of your data, using keys that only you know.
Some FAQ of MEGA
Is MEGA Cloud storage safe?
Yes, the MEGA storage is safe. MEGA provides end-to-end encryption of your data, using keys that only you know. They use AES-128 encryption to protect the data when at rest, and double-down by adding a layer of TLS encryption when your data is in transit.
When did MEGA begin?
MEGA was launched in 2013 in New Zealand by Kim Dotcom. Mr. Dotcom severed all ties with MEGA in 2015, but the company has continued to grow and thrive. At the time of this review, the service has over 166 million registered users worldwide.
Why is MEGA that popular?
Your data is completely protected while in transit and at rest thanks to end-to-end encryption that you control. You can even share documents in encrypted form so that only those with whom you share the key can read them. The service offers accounts for every user. MEGA offers a generous 50 GB free storage.
What do people think about MEGA?
MEGA, excellent service, as far as cloud providers go, mega offers one of the best services. End to end encryption plus servers. Easy to use interface plus value for the storage space.