Adobe Lightroom is a powerful photo editing and workflow tool developed by Adobe and released in January 2006. Since then it has become indispensable for those who work in the world of photography. One of the great advantages of this software is that it allows you to create folders to organize your content and synchronize them with other devices. It also offers the possibility of setting predefined filters.
Some important characteristics you should know about Adobe Lightroom
- Lightroom has many different tools for organizing your photographs from colors, star rating and flags.
- Lightroom is much more than a photo editor or image editing software. Lightroom helps you import, organize, manage, and find your images. In turn, Lightroom is photo management and photo editing, combined into a single tool.
- Lightroom is a must for a beginner as it is easier to learn and more user-friendly. It should also be your choice if you have tons of photos that need organization.
- Lightroom is perfect for most basic photo editing.
- You can also copy or sync your photo edits to multiple photos at once. As well you can use and create Lightroom presets to apply common settings across your photos.
Some FAQ about Adobe Lightroom
Is there a free version of Lightroom?
The only free version of Lightroom that is available is Lightroom Mobile, which is available on Android and iOS devices. It comes with limited features.
How Lightroom presets work?
A Lightroom preset is a configuration of settings, designed to achieve a certain look or style of your photo. You install the presets into your lightroom and then when you click on a particular preset while in the develop module, the pre-determined settings will apply to that photo.
What is the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop?
One way to think about it is that Lightroom stays true to photography, while Photoshop lets you create the images in your mind’s eye. Photoshop features editing tools aimed at altering the look and content of a photo to a much greater degree than Lightroom.
Is it worth downloading Lightroom?
If you are a beginning photographer looking for a relatively intuitive photo editing software, Lightroom is generally best, to begin with.